If your vendor has a BigCommerce store, Onport can automatically sync products and orders.
VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to generate the correct credentials needed for a BigCommerce vendor integration
Share the video tutorial or this support article with your BigCommerce vendors to ensure they provide the correct credentials needed for the BigCommerce integration.
As a vendor integrating into Onport, orders pushed to your store will simply appear as a normal order. It should be picked up and processed by any third-party apps you have installed (e.g Shipstation). The invoicing address will be set to the merchant you are drop shipping with and the shipping address to the customer.
Onport will automatically match up the products being drop shipped and won't change any product details in the store. To enable the integration with Onport, the vendor needs to do the following:
- Log into the store, using the store owner’s username/password.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Select API Accounts. This will display the Store API Accounts page.
- Select Create API Account. This will display the Create API Account page shown above.
- In the Name field, enter "Onport". (This name is for internal use only, so assign any name that you will recognize.)
- In the OAuth Scopes section, select the permissions highlighted in the screenshot below. Save at the page’s lower right-hand corner.
Once your vendor has done this, you should receive the required credentials. Now go to Onport and create a new dropship provider under the contacts - tab. Select BigCommerce, and enter the following details:
1. Store hash: to get the store hash, you need to receive the API path, which is a unique URL. At the end of the URL, there is a series of numbers and letters, e.g. wyiiub56c0- this is what you need to copy into the store hash field in Onport.
2. Client ID: Will be given to you when you created the new API account
3. Access token: Will be given to you when you created the new API account
Save, and you can fetch the products. Next, go ahead and set up the Order Automation
- Navigate to Contacts > Orders
- Click on BigCommerce, and add in the Store hash, Client ID, Access Token, and Order Status Code, click save
In order to set the Order Status Code you will need to open Optional Fields
Once you have completed these steps, your vendor's BigCommerce store will be integrated with your Onport account, and you can start publishing their products onto your store.
SETTING THE ORDER STATUS
When syncing the order to the vendor's store, you can specify a status. When a status is not specified, it will be automatically set to "0", which will set status to incomplete. We recommend on checking with the vendor for their preferred status. You'll need to enter the value in the
Status ID column.
|0||Incomplete||An incomplete order happens when a shopper reached the payment page, but did not complete the transaction.|
|1||Pending||Customer started the checkout process, but did not complete it.|
|2||Shipped||Order has been shipped, but receipt has not been confirmed; seller has used the Ship Items action.|
|3||Partially Shipped||Only some items in the order have been shipped, due to some products being pre-order only or other reasons.|
|4||Refunded||Seller has used the Refund action.|
|5||Cancelled||Seller has cancelled an order, due to a stock inconsistency or other reasons.|
|6||Declined||Seller has marked the order as declined for lack of manual payment, or other reasons.|
|7||Awaiting Payment||Customer has completed checkout process, but payment has yet to be confirmed.|
|8||Awaiting Pickup||Order has been pulled, and is awaiting customer pickup from a seller-specified location.|
|9||Awaiting Shipment||Order has been pulled and packaged, and is awaiting collection from a shipping provider.|
|10||Completed||Client has paid for their digital product and their file(s) are available for download.|
|11||Awaiting Fulfillment||Customer has completed the checkout process and payment has been confirmed.|
|12||Manual Verification Required||Order on hold while some aspect needs to be manually confirmed.|
|13||Disputed||Customer has initiated a dispute resolution process for the PayPal transaction that paid for the order.|
|14||Partially Refunded||Seller has partially refunded the order.|
Please sign in to leave a comment.