If your vendor has a SquareSpace store, Jetti can automatically sync products and orders.
Squarespace Commerce offers a set of features for selling products and managing orders online. Jetti offers two different types of integrations with SquareSpace vendors:
A full integration with the API, which allows for both inventory and order sync. This integration requires the vendor to be on the Advanced Commerce plan on SquareSpace.
A partial integration, which allows for publishing and syncing of inventory. This integration uses a free scraping method, but may not be supported on all plans and does not support order sync.
This article will explain how to setup either of these integrations.
SETTING UP A PARTIAL INTEGRATION
The partial integration allows you to publish and automatically sync products between your SquareSpace vendors and your store. Tracking details can be entered by the vendor through a dropship portal. To learn more on how they view their orders from the dropship portal, read this.
Disclaimer: This integration requires the vendor's website to be setup in a particular way in order for the connection to work, and therefore it is not always reliable. See more information on this under the "How products should be created on SquareSpace" section of this article.
To set up this integration, you need to do the following steps:
- Navigate to Contacts and click Add new dropship provider
- Add name of the store and save
- Click on Inventory Feeds and add a New Inventory Feed
- Click on the Squarespace-icon. It will then ask you to enter the URL for the shop into Jetti. No additional authentication details are required.
How do I know I have the right URL?
Sometimes there may be confusion on which URL is needed for the integration.
It should be the URL of the shop, not the URL of the site.
The way your vendor can find the URL is either by visiting their shop's site directly and sending that URL to you, or they can also find it from their SquareSpace account, by clicking on the arrow that's on the top-right when editing the shop.
How products should be created on SquareSpace?
For the partial integration to work, your vendors will need to create products in SquareSpace under the Inventory section. If products use a different method (such as a standalone page with static content), we may not be able to sync the information. To add a new product, the vendor should do the following:
- Click on Commerce > Inventory
- Click Add new product on the top-right corner.
- Add the product details, and click save & publish
By doing this, when you re-fetch the vendor's inventory feed, the new product should show up in your Jetti account.
SETTING UP A FULL INTEGRATION
The full integration allows for inventory, order, and shipping sync, by connecting to the API of the store via an API key.
This integration requires the vendor to be on the Advanced Commerce plan on SquareSpace.
To set up this integration, your vendor needs to generate and provide an API key on their store. This key will then be entered within Jetti to establish the connection. Here are the instructions on how the vendor can generate the API key:
- Navigate to Settings > Advanced > Developer API keys in the main menu in SquareSpace
- Click on Generate key and give the integration a name (this is used for your own internal purposes).
- For permissions, select read only for Products and Inventory and read and write for Orders. Then, generate the key.
- Lastly, copy the key and send it to the store asking for the connection.
Once the vendor has provided the API key to the store asking for the connection, the key can be entered in the vendor settings > Orders within Jetti to establish an order sync.
Please check this article on how Squarespace vendors view an order.
Please sign in to leave a comment.