If your vendor has a WooCommerce store, Jetti can automatically sync products and orders.
Share the video tutorial or this support article with your WooCommerce vendors to ensure they provide the correct credentials needed for the WooCommerce integration.
To get started, Jetti will need a valid set of API credentials to communicate with the store. Pre-generated keys can be used to authenticate use of the REST API endpoints. New keys can be generated either through the WordPress admin interface or they can be auto-generated through an endpoint.
GENERATING API KEYS IN THE WORDPRESS ADMIN INTERFACE
To create or manage keys for a specific WordPress user, go to WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced > Rest API.
Click the "Add Key" button. In the next screen, add a description and select the WordPress user you would like to generate the key for. Use of the REST API with the generated keys will conform to that user's WordPress roles and capabilities.
Choose the level of access for this REST API key, which need to be Read/Write access to sync inventory and orders. Then click the "Generate API Key" button and WooCommerce will generate REST API keys for the selected user.
Now that keys have been generated, you should see two new keys, a QRCode, and a Revoke API Key button. These two keys are your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret. It's the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret that Jetti needs to communicate with the store.
If the WordPress user associated with an API key is deleted, the API key will cease to function. API keys are not transferred to other users.
GENERATING THE LEGACY API
Go to WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced > Legacy API, and check the option for enabling it.
This should now allow the rest of the connection to work properly.
If you are not able to successfully sync your merchant's WooCommerce store with Jetti, read below for some tips on resolving the issue. For more tips on debugging WooCommerce connection issues, see this helpful support article from WooCommerce.
- What version of WooCommerce are you using? Jetti only works with WooCommerce 2.2.0 and above.
- Is the REST API enabled? In your WordPress Admin, go to WooCommerce -> Settings -> General and make sure the Enable the REST API option is checked.
- Even if you’re using WooCommerce 2.1.7+, try upgrading to the latest version of WooCommerce. There may be a bug in your version of WooCommerce that has been fixed in the latest version.
- If you’ve been able to connect in the past and can no longer connect, have you installed any new plugins?
- Do you have iThemes Security installed? Ensure that “filter suspicious query string URLs” is disabled under Security > Settings > System Tweaks.
- If you come across an error when connecting Jetti to a WooCommerce store, it might be because the legacy API is not enabled in your vendor's store.
SYNCING INVENTORY LEVELS
Inventory management works slightly different in WooCommerce than some other platforms. There isn't always a clear equivalent setting between the two systems. To reconcile the differences, here is how the stock will sync if you are using Shopify and your vendor is using WooCommerce:
- If Inventory tracking is turned off in WooCommerce AND the item IS marked as In Stock, the item will be set to Don't track inventory in Shopify and the item WILL be purchasable in your store.
- If Inventory tracking is turned off in WooCommerce AND the item IS NOT marked In stock, the item will be set to Shopify tracks this product's inventory in Shopify, the inventory quantity will be set to 0 and the item WILL NOT be purchasable in your store.
- If Inventory tracking is turned on in WooCommerce, the item will be set to Shopify tracks this product's inventory in Shopify, the inventory quantity from the store will be synced and the item will be purchasable depending on whether the quantity is greater than 0.
CHANGING THE LANGUAGE
WooCommerce isn't multi-language out the box. However, your dropship provider may have installed a 3rd party plugin to translate the content. By default, the default language of the store will typically be imported. However, there may be a way to override this to bring in an alternative language.
The screencast below will walk you through this process. Currently, only the marketplace admin will be able to set this. It's not possible for the dropship provider to follow these steps in their portal.
Please note, we may not be able to support every WooCommerce language plugin. This outlines the typically steps taken. If this doesn't work, we'd recommend getting in touch with the plugin creator to see what's possible. Also, it's not possible to automatically translate content, if the content is in another language AND a plugin is not being used.
IMPORTING TRACKING DETAILS - WOOCOMMERCE
There are some known restrictions that may limit Jetti being able to import tracking details from vendors.
Out the box, WooCommerce does not have a way to store tracking information. Or, ways to part ship orders. Jetti will detect when the order is complete and mark it as shipped within your store. However, there will be no tracking number of carrier.
WooCommerce vendors sometimes install 3rd party add-ons to support tracking being added to orders. Jetti currently supports the official 3rd party plugin for this (https://woocommerce.com/products/shipment-tracking/).