How to test the order routing in Jetti
Once you have your order routing finalized, you may want to check to see if your dropship or in-house items are being handled correctly by Jetti. For example, check to see if a dropship provider successfully receives their notification.
By default, Jetti only imports paid orders. This is so your dropship providers or in-house teams don't ship items not yet paid for. If needed, you can disable this within the order processing tab under the Integrations section.
If you are using a live store, you likely don't want to enable this setting. So, you'll need to create a paid order. To avoid paying for orders at checkout and incurring a charge on your credit card, you can instead create a draft order.
CREATING A DRAFT ORDER
To create a draft order on Shopify, your need to do the following:
- Navigate to Orders on your Shopify store, and click "Create Order"
- You need to select a product and add a customer, including their billing address. This step is crucial as some dropship providers don't accept orders without customer name and address.
- Create the order, and mark it as paid for Jetti to import it (you don't actually need to make a payment, just tell Shopify it is paid). With Shopify draft orders, you don't need to enter any customer details.
HANDLING TEST ORDERS WITH VENDORS
In the case that you want to test an order with an existing vendor in Jetti, you can do so by placing an order with a dropship provider and seeing if it gets correctly routed to Jetti. Do keep in mind that these tests will be reflected in the vendor’s store as real orders, and should therefore be canceled afterwards.
Here are some tips on testing orders with existing vendors:
- Notify your vendors that they will receive orders into their store that shouldn't be shipped.
- You can disable the notifications under dropship provider settings to avoid emails being sent to vendors. Do keep in mind that the orders will still appear in their portal.
- Once you are done, cancel the order. To do this, click into the order, select the line items and click the cancel button.
- If you want to reset the vendor’s account, you can ask our support to do so.