Sync orders, shipments, and inventory between Onport and WooCommerce
Migrating from WC Vendors? After migrating to Onport and disabling the WC Vendors plugin this data will no longer be available and all steps below will need to be taken.
GENERATING THE API CREDENTIALS
- Navigate to WooCommerce -> Settings -> Advanced tab -> REST API
User: Must be an admin
- Generate API key - This is one-time visible - make sure to note down keys otherwise they will need to be regenerated.
- Copy API key to Onport : Consumer key/secret - Onport > Integrations > WooCommerce
- In Woocommerce: Go to Products > Attributes, enter the following:
Slug: this will be automatically filled in (Marketplace only)
Default sorting: Name
*For older versions of WooCommerce there may be a "Type" field - Set as "select"
- *Enable REST API if using older version*
WooCommerce > settings > Advanced > Enabled by default . Older versions may still have this step.
MAPPING VENDORS TO PRODUCTS
Out of the box, WooCommerce does not have a way to set the vendor for each product. In order to route the sales and update inventory, you'll need to create a new attribute for the brand and assign this to each product.
- Create Brands in WooCommerce
Products > Click on product > Attributes > Choose "Brand" attribute > Under "Add new Brand" enter in brand names and select Add new Brand button. Slug will be automatically created and Description is not required.
- Go to Onport > Integrations > WooCommerce > Setup tab > "How do you want to map the brand name?" > Enter in Attribute name created in WooCommerce (ie. Brand)
- In WooCommerce > Products > Click Product title > Attributes section > Click on the attribute you want to edit. You can choose from a list of previously created options or create a new one. For more information on Attributes please see WooCommerce documentation here.
*If the product is a variation When assigning the vendor to the products, Used for variations should not be checked. If you assign multiple vendors to a single product, Onport will just use the first one in the list.