If your vendor has a PrestaShop store, Onport can automatically sync products.
VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to generate the correct credentials needed for a PrestaShop vendor integration
Share the video tutorial or this support article with your PrestaShop vendors to ensure they provide the correct credentials needed for the PrestaShop integration.
Onport can fully automate inventory updates and order routing with vendors using PrestaShop. To connect to a PrestaShop account, you'll need to provide the following instructions to your vendor.
ENABLE THE WEB SERVICE
By default, the web service feature is disabled on PrestaShop and needs to be switched on before the first use.
Via the user interface, go to the PrestaShop back office, open the “Web service” page under the “Advanced Parameters” menu, and then choose “Yes” for the “Enable PrestaShop Webservice” option.
FOR INVENTORY SYNC
Pulling in your vendor’s product catalog and syncing inventory updates, such as pricing, stock levels, and description, your vendor will need to provide you with the following:
- Store domain
- Store URL: The vendor can find the correct store URL by clicking on “View my store” in their PrestaShop account, and copying the URL from the top.
- API key: To generate an API key, the vendor will need to navigate to Advanced Parameters > Webservice > Add new web service key in their account.
Then, they will need to click “Generate” next to key. This will generate a specific key.
Note: Before saving, the vendor needs to allow this set of permissions: addresses (add, view) carts (add, view) categories (view) combinations (view) countries (view) customers (add, view) images (view) orders (add, view) order_carriers (view) order_states (view) product_option_values (view) product_options (view) products (view) specific_prices (view) states (view) stock_availables (view) tags (view) tax_rules (view) taxes (view) weight_ranges (view)
Once the permissions have been set, the vendor can click save and copy the API key.
Now, the merchant (user of Onport) can copy across the credentials when creating the PrestaShop inventory feed in their Onport account.
The Use Proxy flag allows you to send requests to the vendor's store from a pool of IP addresses.
If the vendor has Multi Store enabled, the vendor needs to provide you with the store ID, that can be found in Advanced parameters > Multistores. This will have to be set under Store
Also, if the store is hosted in subdirectory , Api path will need to be configured as /subdirectory/api where subdirectory is the folder where Prestashop is installed.
FOR ORDER ROUTING
Setting up automatic order routing with your vendor means that they will be able to view and fulfill orders coming from you directly from their own PrestaShop store. To enable this, your vendor will need to provide you with the following:
API path: It corresponds to the Store URL
API key: This is the same key that was generated for the inventory sync, that was described in the section above.
Language: To find the language ID, the vendor needs to navigate to International under the Improve section > Localization > Languages. The number displayed under the ID column of the preferred language is the one needed here.
- Currency: The currency ID can be also found under International > Localization > Currencies. When clicking into the preferred currency, the URL will display a section, such as “currencies/1”, the number (in this case 1), is the ID needed.
- Carrier: To find the carrier ID, the vendor needs to navigate to Shipping > Carrier under the Improve section, and the ID number displayed next to the preferred carrier is the one needed.
Shop: If your vendor has multistore disabled in their account (Shop parameters > General), enter 1 in this field. If they have it enabled, the vendor needs to provide you with the store ID, that can be found in Advanced parameters > Multistores.
Shop group: Enter 1 here.
Order status: Order status ID can be found under Shop parameters > Order settings > Statuses. The ID number of the preferred status is needed.
- Payment module: Payment module can be found by going to Payment > Payment methods and clicking on “Configure” next to the preferred method. The URL will display a section such as “ps_checkpayment”, this is what needs to be copied.
- Payment message: Anything can be included in the payment message, such as the name of the retailer.
Now, the merchant can copy across the credentials to set up the order routing under their Onport account > Contacts > Orders.
Please sign in to leave a comment.