CREATING YOUR INVENTORY FEED
NOTE: If you would like to use a google sheet with custom headers you will need to map the headers in Jetti. Please see more below in the section "Mapping values correctly".
- The data in the spreadsheet should be in tabular columns, each with a header and the values below.
- Choose Sheet tab
- Jetti cannot import sheets that do not list data in this tabular format.
- Not all columns have to be imported as well. Those can be left blank.
It's fine to use formatting if you want (e.g. make the column headers bold or highlight out-of-stock items in red). However, you need to ensure the numeric data is correctly formatted.
Important! When adding inventory quantities, they should be a whole number and not contain any text (e.g. 1 not 1 in stock). Decimal numbers (e.g. 10.00 will just be rounded to the nearest whole number). Price, sale price, cost price - Should be a number and not contain any text (e.g. 9.99 not 9.99 EUR). Headers are also case-sensitive.
CONNECTING TO GOOGLE DRIVE
VIDEO TUTORIAL: How to share data from a Google Sheet
Once you've created your Google Spreadsheet and mapped the columns to Jetti, you then need to add the URL of the document in the feed settings. Jetti will then check the document for updates every hour (larger feeds might take longer). You can also manually trigger an import if needed by fetching the feed.
- You'll need to publish the document you want to share under File > Publish to the Web so Jetti can access it.
- After that, click on the top right "Share" button and choose the option “Anyone on the internet with this link can view”:
- Copy the URL of the document from the top bar. Do not copy the sharing URL.
- Back in Jetti, under the inventory feed settings add the document link
- Save the settings. Your feed should then be imported within the hour. If you need it quicker than that, click Feed items on the top right and then click on the Fetch. Follow the steps on the popup - you'll be notified by email once your import is complete.
MAPPING THE INVENTORY FEED
Once you've set your spreadsheet up, you then need to map the data. Under the Mappings section in the feed settings. There are three options:
sku is always a required field when importing from a Google Sheet or CSV, otherwise, it will not import data.
UPDATE INVENTORY ONLY
Select if you have two columns, sku and qty. The spelling and casing of these should match exactly.
UPDATE INVENTORY AND PRICES ONLY
Select if you have three columns, Price(retail_price, cost_price, compare_at_price), sku and qty. The spelling and casing of these should match exactly. For price, you need to have at least one of the price options but can also have additional ones.
Use this when you want to use your own column titles or want to add additional fields. For example, if you had a column that stored the sku:
1. Enter sku for the header name field in Jetti (or whatever you’ve entered for the column header in your spreadsheet)
Select sku from the dropdown and click Add inventory feed field.
- You'll then need to repeat for any other columns. You only need to map the columns for which you want to sync data. There are sometimes additional fields such as separators that appear for the different field types, you can leave this blank.
Note: The order of the columns does not matter when creating the mappings. For example, if you have a sku column it doesn't matter whether it's the first, 2nd or last column in the spreadsheet. However, the spelling and case needs to match exactly.
MAPPING VALUES CORRECTLY
When uploading inventory feeds via CSV or Google Drive, you need three main headers in the document: Name, qty, and sku.
Important: Write the headers as shown here. For example, qty needs to be written that way, with all letters being lower case. If you write quantity or Qty, it won't work.
Tip: You can use this sample file to model yours after. You can also find the sample under the Inventory Feed settings > Mappings
What happens if you or your vendors have written the headers in a different format? In this case you can create a custom mapping under the mappings tab. Just map the header names with the Sku and Inventory quantity.
- Enter sku for the header name field in Jetti (or whatever you’ve entered for the column header in your spreadsheet)
- Select sku from the dropdown and click Add inventory feed field.
You'll then need to repeat for any other columns. You only need to map the columns for which you want to sync data. There are sometimes additional fields such as separator that appear for the different field types, you can leave this blank.