MAP YOUR VENDORS/BRANDS UNDER THE DROPSHIP PROVIDER
Sometimes merchants have different vendors or brands (e.g. Nike and Adidas) which are dropshipped by a single source (e.g. 1 vendor that supplies several brands).
These brand names may show up differently in your store than what is shown on Onport, which can confuse the system.
Additionally, as Onport handles both in-house and dropship, it is important to mark each brand accordingly. Once you have mapped your vendor/brand names, you do not have to repeat the same setup again.
HOW TO SET THIS UP
You can access the Order routing section by going to Setup > Order Routing or Contacts > Order Routing.
1- Choose your default fulfillment policy - brands will be set to it by default.
2- You can enable notifications for when an order can't be shipped because the system couldn't find a suitable dropship provider:
👉If this happens, you'll need to come into this section and add the dropship provider that should fulfill those brand's products. Then you can go back to the order and finalize it:
👉 See this article on how to fix other connection issues in the orders.
ROUTING BY TAG
When the same brand is dropshipped by multiple vendors, you may want to use this method to route the orders. Essentially, this will tell the system that the item with the tag brand-a will be dropshipped by vendor A. For this to work you'll need to:
1. Tag the items in your e-commerce platform (you need to choose different tags for different vendors).
2. Go to Onport > Contacts > (choose vendor) > Routing tab (do this for each one of the vendors). Here you will need to enable "Map to any brand name" and add the tags after you select "Only specific tags":
❗️Important: tags are case-sensitive, make sure you add the exact same tag as you did in your e-commerce platform.
💡In the future, it could be useful for you to dynamically add tags to the items so you don't have to do it in your e-commerce platform. You can do this within each inventory feed's settings, under the Publishing tab:
For this to work, make sure the option "Update tags when republishing" is enabled upon publishing:
HOW TO OVERRIDE THE FULFILLMENT POLICY AT A PRODUCT LEVEL
- Go to "Inventory" and click on the specific SKU
- Click the "Shipping" tab
- Choose if you want it to be dropshipped, fulfilled in-house or blended instead:
- You can also change the dropship provider that should fulfill this item if you select "Pick a dropship provider" under "Dropship provider mapping" and this way you can override the brand name mapping and select the specific dropship provider to ship the item:
👉 Check this article on how to decide who ships an item when you have multiple vendors selling the same product.